While extremely beneficial, working out can be quite challenging for many people. Keeping the momentum in order to produce weight loss results can be challenging. If this describes you, there are ways you can still lose weight without working out including the following;
Lose weight without working out – 18 tips!
- One of the best ways on how to lose weight without working out is to drink a glass of warm water with some freshly squeezed lemon juice added to kick start your metabolism first thing in the morning. An active metabolism helps to burn calories which leads to weight loss. This will also help prevent constipation and is good for the skin.
- Being able to lose weight without working out requires learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes so get to it.
- Skipping meals only triggers your body into starvation mode (slowed metabolism) to conserve calories which defeats weight loss goals so do not skip meals especially breakfast.
- Mixing one teaspoon of Dijon mustard with a low fat yogurt makes a delicious low fat mayonnaise.
- Vegetables like red, green, yellow or orange peppers or zucchini can be stuffed with various flavored fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish which create healthier low fat meals.
- Making diet changes is important for weight loss without exercise and some adjustments include cutting out unhealthy fats, salt, as well as sugar. Make substitutions such as non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil and various herbs and spices can be used to flavor food instead of salt.
- Make sure to eat slowly and thoroughly chew your food thoroughly during meals as this can help to decrease your appetite.
- Use low sodium chicken stock when stir-frying as this will help to cut down on hidden unhealthy fats.
- Eating three small meals as well as two snacks everyday instead of one or two huge meals can help with weight loss since your metabolism will keep functioning without any rest periods as would occur if you only eat one or two large meals a day. You want your metabolism constantly burning calories.
- Instead of toasted muesli, use non-toasted muesli instead because a plate of the former contains more fat than a plate of bacon and eggs.
- A weight loss “buddy,” or support groups can help to keep you motivated to achieve your weight loss goals.
- The hot stuff in chilli – capsaicin – helps to speed up metabolism so if you can stand it, use hot sauce in your food.
- Egg whites contain less fat so consider making yolk less omelettes.
- Use ice cubes to remove fat from a baking tray. Dropping the ice cubes in the tray will cause the fat to stick to the ice cubes.
- Do not go grocery shopping on an empty stomach as you will be too tempted by the various goodies.
- Drink at least eight to 10 glasses of filtered water a day to keep you hydrated and to help eliminate waste. Drinking a glass of water before a meal will also ensure that you will not eat too much.
- Even though it may be hard to do, try to avoid eating at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Adequate sleep is important for weight loss, Studies have shown that those who slept an extra hour every day lost more weight than those who woke up an hour earlier to work out so try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. It is not only good for you, but is also good for your weight loss goals.
These are just a few tips on how to lose weight without working out. While working out will produce even better results when combined with the above, even in the absence of exercise, you should notice the loss of weight if you stick to these suggestions.