If you want to lose weight without exercise, the best place to start is with what you are eating. Even when you are exercising, diet changes always lead to more weight reduction than exercise does. If you want to get smaller in a short amount of time, here are 9 changes to make on what to eat on a diet to lose weight fast.
The first target of course on what to eat on a diet to lose weight is to eliminate bad foods and replace them with healthier foods which also help you lose weight. So fried foods have got to go if these are a significant part of your current diet. Fried foods and a weight loss program do not go hand in hand.
Once you realize all the grease you’re eating especially trans and saturated fats that go into all these fried foods that you are feasting on, it will give you pause and inspire you to adopt a healthier lifestyle. It’s only your body and life we’re talking about after all. In addition, these foods are never feeling and only make you hungrier causing you to eat more and more of them.
These unhealthy fats affect your heart in addition to being deposited in your derriere, thighs, belly and all other areas of your body.
There have been some excellent documentaries on this in the past few years such as Food, Inc. and Supersize Me. I would encourage you to watch these if you need extra motivation to make the changes that you need to make today to your diet.
When considering what to eat on a diet to lose weight fast, you need to first take a hard look at what you are currently eating and make an effort to change your bad habits by finding healthier alternatives which you actually like and can incorporate for the rest of your life.
The best way to do this is to have a food journal. For about two weeks, make no changes to your diet and simply document every meal or snack that you normally eat and analyze what you are eating at the end of this period.
Another bad habit to avoid is starving yourself or skipping meals in an effort to lose weight or burn fat. Don’t do this because when you do, your body goes into a starvation mode and holds onto food (including fat).
Starvation diets or skipping meals also slows down your metabolism causing you to burn fewer calories per day. In order to lose weight fast, more calories need to be burned every day. A way to boost metabolism is to eat several small meals a day which will keep your metabolism functioning all day with no rest.
Here are some good habits that you can adopt today to replace some of your bad eating habits. The following 9 tips are what to eat daily to lose weight.
- Instead of waffles, pancakes, etc, consider a breakfast smoothie or protein shake for breakfast.
- Eat egg whites with tomatoes and peppers instead of eating a regular bacon and cheese omelet.
- Substitute soy milk, almond milk and other milk derived from various nuts for whole milk.
- Instead of using mayonnaise on your sandwich, use honey mustard.
- Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water per day instead of soda or juice. Diet sodas are also not ideal since the artificial sweeteners in the drinks which the body can’t identify and therefore doesn’t know what how to break down this artificial sugar. Drink a glass of water before a meal which can help reduce your appetite so that you will end up eating less than you normally would.
- Use whole wheat bread instead of white bread and add more whole grains to your food.
- Replace white rice, white pasta with brown rice or brown pasta. Do the same with other “white” foods by replacing them with alternatives made with whole wheat or whole grain.
- Reduce or eliminate fried foods in their entirety as we discussed previously. Many of the foods you enjoy fried actually still taste as good baked or broiled, you just need to give them a chance.
- Eliminate trans fats from your diet and also reduce or eliminate unsaturated fats from your diet. Read food labels to ensure that they don’t contain any trans fats. Add more monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats which are healthier fats into your diet but don’t eat too much of these. These good fats are found in fish, avocado, olive and canola oil, flaxseeds, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, etc.
By making these small changes, you’ll become a slimmer and healthier you in no time at all. Your metabolism will increase which will lead to more calories and fat being burned per day.
For more on what to eat on a diet to lose weight fast, you need The 3 Week Diet guide which will show you the foods that you need to eat and when to eat so that you can lose up to 21 lbs in 3 weeks! Find out more about this bestselling weight loss guide here.